Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions and other financial services to customers in more than 70 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
About the role
What you need to know:
AIG’s Product developers develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market sustainable insurance solutions for our changing world.
Based in our Rotterdam office located in Rivium, Capelle aan den IJssel , you will be part of our team of enthusiastic professionals.
- Overall responsibility for product development and innovation in the area of financial lines for The Netherlands
- Lead and develop product combinations for specific markets and segments which meets the needs of our clients
- Responsible for broker relationships with regard to specific broker agreements and wordings with a focus on the areas of D&O, Cyber and PI
- Contact person for all wording topics of the underwriting teams in day-to-day business
- "End to End" responsibility for product launches or product updates
- Presentation of AIG to customers and brokers as a flexible "solution provider"
- Close collaboration with the Head of Product Development and Innovation Financial Lines EMEA as well as the EMEA Product Managers
- Create and manage implementation of an end to end process for management of all policies and endorsements from draft versioning through to filings
- Regular engagement with various stakeholders across Product Leads , Underwriting, Operations, IT, Legal and CUO
- Monitor and act on key regulatory and legislative developments and requirements.
- Drive implementation and maintenance of forms library ensuring forms catalogue is up to date and fit for purpose.
- Assist and support digitalization efforts of wordings and endorsements.
- Responsibility for an assigned portfolio of existing D&O accounts in order to maintain practical underwriting field experience.
- D&O account retention and development through excellent service to clients and brokers, monitoring and renewal of accounts at optimal conditions, cross-selling with other Financial Lines products
- Analyzing risks, issuing quotes and underwriting the assigned risks in D&O product lines with a successful realization of the attributed budget target
- Successfully completed law degree, specialization in insurance law (master's degree, specialist lawyer, etc.) is an advantage
- Professional experience in the field of financial lines (underwriting, claims handling and / or product development)
- Creativity and an enthusiastic drive to innovate in order to develop suitable insurance solutions in a very dynamic and changing risk environment
- Affinity for insurance terms & conditions and related marketing activities
- Ability to work in a team and quick comprehension as well as decisiveness
- High resilience, especially when working under time pressure , as well as high assertiveness
- Fluent knowledge of English, additional language skills are an advantage.
AIG offers a competitive primary and secondary benefit package based on experience and function level accompanied with other advantages like global career opportunities and extensive training and personal development programs.
In case of questions, please contact Robin Roos (Financial Lines manager NL) on mobile: +31 614228765 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.